SECRET SHOPPERS PURCHASE TERMS
1. ABOUT US
- Who we are. We are Secret Shoppers UK Limited, with registered no. 09211365 and registered address at 69 Hamilton Road, Oxford, United Kingdom OX2 7QA (we, us, or our). Our VAT number is 209152724.
- What we do. We offer personal concierge services (our services) to our customers on the terms set out below. We act as your agent with the authority to purchase and deliver products by your instructions and on your behalf.
- What do these terms cover? These are the terms and conditions on which we supply our services to you. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide our services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem, and other important information. Please get in touch with us to discuss if you think there is a mistake in these terms or require any changes.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 07815963748 or by writing to us at 69 Hamilton Road, Oxford, United Kingdom, OX2 7QA or email@example.com or contacting us via our website: http://www.secretshoppersuk.com/.
- How may we contact you? If we have to contact you, we will telephone or write to you at the email address or postal address you provided in your order. “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
2. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- What our contract covers: Our contract with you covers the provision of our services to you, where we act as your agent with the authority to purchase and deliver products by your instructions and on your behalf. Our contract with you does not cover the products. The product warranty is between you and the relevant manufacturer or retailer, which we enter into on your behalf as your agent.
- How we will accept your order for our services. We will receive your order for our assistance when we email you to get it; at this point, a contract will exist between you and us.
- Suppose we cannot accept your order for our services. If we cannot get your demand for our services, we will inform you in writing and not charge you for the relevant product(s) or our services. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, or because you have not provided us with sufficient information relating to your order or your details (including name, email address, postal address, payment information, and phone number) or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Our fees. Our fees for our services are approximately 10% of the item value, with a minimum? 50 service charge on items less than? 500.
- When we provide our services, we will begin on the date we accept your order. The estimated completion date for our services is as told to you during the order process.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If an event outside our control delays our services, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know, and we will take steps to minimize the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay, you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for our services and any products you have paid for but not received.
- We may also suspend our services and the supply of the products if you do not pay. Suppose you do not pay us for our services or the products when you are supposed to (see clause 4), and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend our services until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending our services. We will not stop our assistance when you dispute the unpaid invoice. We will not charge you for our services when they are broken. As well as controlling our services, we can set your interest on your overdue payments (see clause 4.5).?
4. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Where to find the price for the product. The product’s price (which includes VAT) will be the price as communicated to you (either by phone, email, via the website, or web chat), and in any event, it will be indicated on the order pages when you place your order via our website. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However, please see clause 4.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the product cost you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we get the price wrong? It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will usually check prices before accepting your order so that if the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s right price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with all major card providers, including American Express. For our services, you must make an advance payment of our fees before we start providing them.
- We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not pay us by the due date, we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time. This interest shall accrue daily from the due date until the actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any outstanding amount.
- Time of delivery. We will let you know when the products will be delivered to you during the order process. We will seek to have the products offered to you as soon as reasonably possible, and within 30 days after the day, we accept your order unless otherwise agreed with you.
- Delivery Costs. Our typical delivery costs are between? 10 to? Thirty for an item and the delivery prices of your order will be set out on the order pages when you place your order, as the weight and number of things will determine the exact delivery costs.
- Suppose you are not at home when the product is delivered. Suppose no one is available at your address for delivery, and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox. In that case, the courier will leave you a note informing you how to arrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
- Suppose you do not rearrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from the courier company as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot, we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any additional delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we cannot contact you or rearrange delivery or collection, we may end the contract, and clause 9.1 will apply.
- When you become responsible for the product, the product will be your responsibility from when we deliver it to the address you gave us or you collect it from us.
- When you own goods, you own a product, which is goods, once we have received payment in full.
6. IF YOU NEED TO MAKE? CHANGES
If you wish to change your order before it is dispatched to you, please get in touch with us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, our fees, the timing of supply, or anything else that would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to proceed with the change. If we cannot change or the consequences are unacceptable, you may want to end the contract (see clause 7.2(a) – Your rights to end the contract).
1. YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- You can always end your contract with us.? Your rights when you complete the contract will depend on how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 7.2;
- If you have just changed your mind, see clause 7.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions, and you will have to pay.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or will do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below, the contract will end immediately, and we will refund you in full for any products that have not been provided, and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- We have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6);
- We have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered, and you do not wish to proceed;
- There is a risk that the supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control or
- You have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have delivered late without any advance notification).
- How long do I have to change my mind?
Our Services: You have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your order. However, once we have completed our services (i.e., when you have received your order), you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you cancel after we have started our services, you must pay us for our fees for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
1. HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING CHANGING YOUR MIND)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To complete the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:?
Phone or email. Call customer services on 07815963748 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order, and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- How will we refund you.? If we have not purchased the product you have ordered, we will refund you the price you paid for the products, including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, as described below, we may deduct our services from the price.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. We may deduct from any refund our fees, as set out in Schedule 1 of this document, for the supply of our services for the period it was supplied, ending with when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been provided, compared with the full coverage of the contract.
- When will your refund be made? We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. Your refund will be made within 14 days of telling us you have changed your mind.
2. OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- You do not make any payment to us when it is due, and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- You do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, including the information as set out in clause 2.2, or
- You do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the agreement in the situations set out in clause 9, we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not purchased for you, but we may deduct or charge you our fees, which would have been payable.
3. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT OR OUR SERVICES
- How to tell us about problems. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or complaints about our services. You can telephone our customer service team at 07815963748 or write to us at email@example.com or 69 Hamilton Road, Oxford, United Kingdom OX2 7QA.
- Issues relating to the products. If you have changed your mind, have a problem with your product, or wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products, it will be by the terms and conditions of the retailer/designer item purchased. If you would like to exchange the item due to an error made at your end, you will be responsible for safely delivering the goods back to us. Items must be returned in the same condition as received. Otherwise, we cannot help with an exchange. You will also have to pay for the redelivery of the item back to you and any related custom fees.
- Summary of your legal rights. We are legally obliged to supply services that conform with this contract. See the box below for an overview of your fundamental legal rights in the UK about our services and products. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your fundamental legal rights in the UK
This is a summary of your basic legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information, please visit the Citizens Advice website at www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
About the services we offer you, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
- You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
- If you haven’t agreed on a price upfront, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable.
It must be carried out quickly if you haven’t agreed on a time upfront.
About products that are goods, for example, shoes, handbags, etc., the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose, and of satisfactory quality. During the expected life of your product, your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- Up to 30 days: If your item is faulty, you can get a refund.?
- Up to six months: If your defective item can’t be repaired or replaced, you’re entitled to a full refund in most cases.?
- Up to six years: If the item can be expected to last up to six years, you may be entitled to a repair or replacement, or, if that doesn’t work, some of your money back.??
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. Suppose we fail to comply with these terms. In that case, we are responsible for the loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or failing to use reasonable care and skill. Still, we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents, or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights about the provision of our services, in particular, that they are supplied with reasonable skill and care, within a good time and for an affordable price.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. Use the products for any commercial, business, or re-sale purpose. We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
1. OTHER IMPORT TERMS
- Transfer of this agreement. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organization. If this happens, we will always tell you in writing and ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract. If you are unhappy with the transfer, you may contact us to end the contract within 14 days of us telling you about it, and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided. If we agree in writing, you may only transfer your rights or obligations under these terms to another person.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- The rest will continue if a court finds part of this contract illegal. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides they are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay taking steps against you regarding your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things. It will not prevent us from taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but continue to provide the products, we can still require you to pay later.
- Which laws apply to this contract, and where may you bring legal proceedings? These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising from them shall be governed by and construed by your local law and the jurisdiction of your national courts.
- Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it without having to go to court. If you are unhappy with how we have handled any complaint, you may submit your disputes for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform (click here).
|Service Charges on Change of Mind
|Items value less than or equal to? 250
|Plus, any return costs incurred
|Things loved more than? 250 or less than ? 500
|Plus, any return costs incurred
|Items loved more than? 500 or less than ? 1000
|Plus, any return costs incurred
|Things loved more than? 1000 or less than ? 1500
|Plus, any return costs incurred
|Things loved more than? 1500 or less than ? 2000
|Plus, any return costs incurred
|Items valued at more than? 2000
|Plus, any return costs incurred